Friends of Wood RecyclAbility SCIO is a charity whose purpose is to raise funds to expand and enhance training opportunities at Wood RecyclAbility.
Our Vision is that Wood RecyclAbility has the funds to fulfil its ambitions, specifically;
- To provide a diverse range of tailored training opportunities for adults with additional support needs, working with the Circular Economy - Reduce – Reuse – Repurpose
- To have a modern, welcoming premises
- To be financially secure and sustainable
The recent climate has been challenging, Wood RecyclAbility has worked hard to survive and has ambitious diversification and growth plans, in particular to the opportunities available to trainees – this is where Friends of Wood RecyclAbility comes in.
Granted charity status by the Scottish Charity Regulator in October 2020, the SCIO Friends of Wood RecyclAbility has been created to raise funds for projects such as:
- Upgrading the training facilities
- Replacing critical equipment
- Expanding training opportunities
The charity has four trustees Gill Reavley (Chair), Lewis Sim (Managing Director of Legasea Ltd), Sarah Whitman (Director, MES Ltd.) and Fiona Smith (Director of Delfinity and Wood RecyclAbility).
Keep up to date with FoWR’s activities through their website and follow them on Social Media channels